My Passion!

My Passion!
Craft, craft and more craft

Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Simply Sassy DT Competition

Hi,
This is my entry for the place on the design team at Simply Sassy.

This is the layout I had to follow:-


I used papers from my stash, black glitter card, Simply Sassy stamps Lost in Thought and Skater Girl, ribbon and button and a hat pin embellishment.

1) I cut black glitter card to 8"x8", and my first matt 7.5"x7.5". I " smudged the edges of my turquoise papers with black ink.
Matt 2 was cut to 6.5"x 4" for glitter card and 6.25" x 3.75" for turquoise paper.
Matt 3 was cut out of glitter card only at 6" x 2" and a stripped ribbon added with a knot to side.


Ribbon on horizontal matt

Matts and Tag




2) I then assembelled the matts as shown below. Using 3D foam behind 2nd and 3rd matts.

3) The tag was printed on my PC, and I added the word Sassitude! I then began constructing my stamped image. Firstly stamping Skater Girl onto a post it note, which I then cut out and used as a mask. I stamped Skater Girl onto the tag, then placed the Mask over the image on the tag. I then stamped Lost in Thought Boy, overlapping onto the mask. I then removed the mask and backed the tag with black glitter card and added a double ribbon through the top of the tag.
 



4) I made up my button emsellishment with a gathered organza ribbon, double layered. Backed this with a white paper flower, just to give a little lift! I also made up a beaded hat pin which I pushed through the knot on stripey ribbon.



5) Finaly I coloured the image with Promarkers. Added 3D foam to tag and added it to the card.
I hope you like it!

Then....I made another! This time using Simply Sassy Windswept Stamp and the same papers and ribbons as the first sample. To add interest I made a magic slider topper! So tell me what you think.....



7 comments:

  1. Cool card! Thanks for applying for the Simply Sassy gdt search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! i love how you drew color inspiration from the sketch as well. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! These two make a great pair and I love that you even used the smae colors as the sketch! Good luck with the call!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous...love your little embellishments too. good luck.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project.. great creation.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh this is so lovely and I love the colour the colour theme,
    and good luck with the GDT call,

    have a lovely Sunday,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete